BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

girls camp(first day)

i got back from girls camp today at about 3:00 in the afternoon. Girls camp was really fun. The first day we went to the stake center and we were like the first ones there. It was just me and nikki and dad though, because allison was at miranda's house in Ogden, and mom was at school. I was also mom's birthday. About ten minutes later lots of people were there. We got on the bus around twelve, and watched evan almighty for two hours until we arived at camp shalom. I sat next to monique on the bus. Our shirts are really cute too. Ashley did the drawing for them. They are yellow, with red letters that say aspen 9th ward. There is a picture of curious george reading the scriptures on it too. Sister Maxfield gave us all bags before we left to bring on the bus that had candy and our shirts and stuff in them. When we got there they told us what cabins we would be in, and i was in cabin #14. Megan Knipe and I started out upstairs, but ended up moving downstairs. In my cabin was....(top floor)Sister Tuft and Sister Moulten...(first floor)me,megan knipe,jacqui,sister maxfield,ashley,sister turner,courtney,rachel,monique,sister gardner. I was in work group number two. We went to water front the first day. It was really fun. I went on a canoo for the first time ever with sister maxfield and savanna. I was kind of scared at first, but it ended up being fun. Turns out you can touch the bottom=) After water front we went to the confidence course. It was really fun. The first thing we did was try to walk across a rope tied between two trees. there are two ropes and two people. the two people each stand on a rope and hold the other one's hands over the middle. I don't think anyone made it, but it was fun. I tried it with monique and we made it half way across the rope. The next one we did was a bunch of tree stumps that were all at different hights. We had to walk across them and not fall. We had a person on either side of us to make sure we did not fall. It was sister newns and sister cochran. Monique walked across like it was a piece of cake! The next and last thing we did was the spider web. we had to get everyone through the "spider web" without touching any of the strings, and only using each hole once. We made it, but it took us a while. We had flag that night. I did the ending prayer. The first night it was really hard for me to sleep because it was cold and someone was snoring. The next day i got blankets from mom and dad and i slept all the way throught the night for the rest of the days.

0 comments: